- Blood Drive Blood Centers of the Pacific will bring the blood mobile Sat., Jan. 21, 10 a.m.-3 p.m to the Stanford Open Men’s Gymanstics meet.
Hey, donating blood is fun!
- Harmony Singing Lessons Men interested in learning how to sing in the Barbershop Harmony style are invited to audition for singing lessons and rehersal with the Penisulaires Chorus.
I’d rather donate blood
- Fired at Davis Figurative ceramic sculpture by Robert Arneson, visiting professors, and students at the University of California at Davis.
I don’t have any idea what a figurative ceramic sculpture is, but I don’t want to lose my job.
- Family Art Days Children and their families will explore art activities. Dec. 11: Holiday cards; Jan. 22: Mud Cloth Painting; Feb. 12: Affection on Paper; March 19: Book Binding.
Can be abbreviated as FArt Days
- Overeaters Anonymous Meeting Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m. No cost. Overeaters Anonymous provides hope for those battling food addiction. St. Mark’s Episcopal Church.
I hope they don’t feel guilty about eating the body of Christ.
- Scottish Country Dancing Traditional ballroom dancing in set formation.
Now we’re getting somewhere
- The Art of Listening to Music Tuesdays, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Jan. 10-May 12. $38 for members/$43 for non-members.
Kind of expensive for just using my ears
- Composting Workshop On how to turn yard trimmings and food scraps into soil. Free.
- Rose Pruning And Care Sat., Jan. 21, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. $23. With Carole Kraft. Encourage profuse flowering with winter pruning and proper care. Learn about soil, mulches, and amendments for healthy roses. Demonstration at a nearby garden.
I hope these two aren’t at the same time.. although maybe they should combine forces.
- Cupertino Toastmaster Meetings Tuesdays, 6 p.m. Cupertino Toastmaster