With the use of a headset, determination, and channeling my apparently endless stream of determination, I stick to my principles – don’t get screwed by the man because I’m too lazy to do anything about it. That’s what they’re counting on, and that’s how I let them down.
- I will wait on hold indefinitely to file a complaint
- I will search for a flight on Orbitz, then go to the website of the cheapest airline, and buy it from their website to save the convenience fee
- I will call my credit card at any given point in time and request a lower interest rate
- I will call my other credit card and tell them that my first credit card has a higher limit and ask them to raise theirs
- I will email the administrator of a website to inform them that their links are broken
- I will call my bank and demand a refund of $2 for what I have deemed an unfair and unnecessary charge
- I will leave extremely detailed messages with customer service to inform them that their service is garbage
- I will actually read the contract that they expect me to blindly sign
- I will ask to speak to the manager to get whatever it is that I want
- I will ask the sales representative rhetorical questions (‘does this make sense to you?’) until they cave to my will
Is this a valuable investment of time and energy? The victorious feeling of asserting my rights is fulfilling for me.