In honor of the Bang… reliable tips to keep a romantic encounter from getting too weird.
- A good way to start the evening off right is to introduce your date to your parents. This way, you can count on your parents to quickly identify all your date’s shortcomings, so you have a head start on getting to know each other.
- See the movie first, then have dinner. That way at dinner you can talk about rotted-flesh zombies instead of trying to figure out what you have in common
- Instead of a traditional date, do a fun interactive activity that you will both enjoy, like dumpster diving. Note: this is not the occasion to wear your gold spike heels
- Smile, nod, throw in a couple of “yeahs” or “uh huhs.”
- If the conversation trails off, pretend that you are from E! and are interviewing your favorite musician about their life. Ask your date when the band is releasing their next album.
- Impress your date with your prowess by flirting with everyone withing a 5 yard radius at all times
- When the check comes, arm wrestle to determine who pays and who gets a free ride.
- Remember: just because your date paid, doesn’t mean you owe them anything (besides oral sex).
- If your date tries to initiate contact before you’re ready, scream “No means no!” Do not apologize.
- When in doubt, ask yourself, what would L. Ron Hubbard do?